Does find my iphone work when powered off
How to Turn Off an iPhone Without the Power Button
Submitted by hubby on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 5:35pm
Updated November 2015 for iOS 9
To use Assistive touch to turn off your iPhone without the power button on iOS 9 scroll to the bottom for instructions
Based on the number of questions and comments posted in our forums, turning off or restarting an iPhone with a broken power button (the top button) seems to be a common question and issue. So here is our quick-list of ways that you can restart your iPhone or turn off your iPhone if your power button is broken or not working.
How to Restart an iPhone with no top power button (no jailbreak):
Any of these methods will resart your iPhone without using the Power Button on top
- On the iPhone tap SETTINGS, General, Reset, Reset All Network Settings (note that this will erase VPN and WiFi settings or passwords)
- Wait for the battery to drain
- Plug in your iPhone to your Mac/PC with iTunes and choose "restore" (not recommended but it does the job)
How to turn off an iPhone with no power button or a broken power button (no jailbreak):
- Enable Assistive Touch: Tap SETTINGS, General, Accessibility, AssistiveTouch (near the bottom) and tap AssistiveTouch to ON. You will now notice a small dark square with a circle in the middle (you can move this square anywhere). Tap the dark circle to open the assistiveTouch menu, then tap Device and tap and HOLD the Lock Screen icon. This will bring up the iPhone's Power-Off slider - no need for a power button any longer! ** Voted Best Method to turn off an iPhone with a broken power button
How to turn off an iPhone without the power button (Jailbroken):
- Install SB Settings, "Shutdown", or "Lock" to power off the iPhone
- Enable Assistive Touch described above
How to turn on an iPhone with no top power button:
Lost and found: Here’s how to locate your iPhone when it goes missing It’s an all too common scenario. You and your boys (or gals) go out for a few drinks on a Saturday night. One drink turns...
These 'find my phone' services will ease your mind Don't wait until after you've lost your phone to enable services to locate it or wipe your data. Plan ahead! A few months ago, I dropped my...
iCloud connects you and your Apple devices in amazing ways. iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive keep all your photos, videos, and documents stored securely and updated everywhere. Family...
iPhone 5S – Camera and Picture Quality iPhone 5S – Camera and Picture Quality Once again, on paper the camera on the iPhone 5S looks similar to the one on the iPhone 5. Both have 8-megapixels,...
What does a soft reset do to an iPhone 4 A soft, or even a hard, reset does not reset your iPhone 3G to factory settings. That is called restoring your iPhone. A soft reset keeps all of your...