Whats my ultra mobile account number
Transferring your mobile number to a new phone
There's always a worry when switching your mobile contract to a new provider that you'll miss important calls and texts.
But that's not all, copying contacts and informing your friends of your new mobile number when you sign up for a new handset can feel like endless hassle.
The good news is that you can avoid all that worry by transferring your existing number to your new phone. This is called 'porting' your mobile number.
To keep your mobile number you need to request a PAC code from your old provider and then let your new provider know the code. They will then schedule the switch. Read on for a step by step guide to keeping your mobile number.
How do I transfer my mobile number? And what is a mobile PAC Code?
1) Before you do anything, you'll need to sign up to the network you're joining.
2) Your first move after that is to call up your current provider and request a mobile PAC code (a Porting Authorisation Code). This should be given to you immediately over the phone or within two hours over by text.
PAC codes are normally made up of three letters and six numbers and your carrier will provide you with one for free.
3) The next stage is to contact your new network and give them the PAC code. You can usually do this over the internet or over the phone. But because the PAC number only lasts for 30 days, it's important you contact the new carrier promptly.
Once the network has the code, they can schedule the switch. This normally completed the next working day from the date you provided your PAC number to your new network.
If a weekend gets in the way, the process may take longer. But by and large, if you supply a carrier with a PAC Code on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, you can expect the number transfer to be completed on the following Tuesday.
4) Finally, your last task is to check the SIM works in your phone and that the new number has ported across. If you're happy on both counts, you're good to go.
Provided you've fulfilled your contractual obligations to your existing network or service provider, no fee will apply.
Will I lose service?
The porting process is designed to minimise the time you'll be without a service.
After you've supplied your new network with the PAC code, your old number will remain active. That means you'll still receive calls and texts.
When the number transfer is actually being done, however, your service may go down for a very short time. When that happens, it should simply be a case of restarting your handset for full service to return.
Porting your mobile number when buying online
If you are buying your new mobile online you should still be able to port your mobile number using the following simple steps:
- Request your PAC code from your existing network and make a note of it.
- Select a mobile handset and network tariff combination that suits you and order online.
- You will be sent your phone once you have passed any necessary credit checks.
- Get connected by following the instructions that come with your new mobile.
- Once connected, you will have a temporary mobile number.
- Contact your new network or service provider quoting your temporary number, the number you wish to Port and the PAC your old network provided.
- Your existing number will then be transferred within a few working days, sometimes even the next working day.
Things you should know about porting
You cannot transfer disconnected numbers so DO NOT cancel your existing contract if you wish to port your mobile number.
When you provide your PAC code to a new network the cancellation process will begin automatically with your old network.
In some cases, your old network may transfer you to a pay as you go plan first, allowing you to cancel your contract and transfer your number at your own convenience.
If you are considering transferring your mobile number you should check this beforehand with your network.
Feel ready to choose a new phone now? Check out the newest models and best deals here: Best phone deals
Was this article helpful?
Transfer Your Number
Discover how to keep your cell phone number with the plans from Univision Mobile. Set your wireless phone and transfer your number when you activate your Univision Mobile account.
how to keep my cell phone number, set phone, set cell phone
You can transfer your existing phone number to your Univision Mobile account, either when you activate your service or as part of a mobile number change. Just let us know and we'll get you set up!
Original Service Provider Information
You'll need to have the following information handy from your original service provider in order to transfer your number:
- Account number. (You can find this on a bill or by calling your original service provider.)
- PIN/Password. (This helps protect your account and prevents someone not on the account from transferring your number.)
Not all numbers can be transferred. Below are examples of numbers that are not eligible for transfer:
- Disconnected or non-working numbers
- International numbers
- Toll free numbers (with 800, 866, 877, 888 prefixes)
- Numbers owned by service providers who have opted out of the number portability process
- Numbers on a cancelled account. (In order to transfer the number from your original service provider to your Univision Mobile account, your account with the original service provider must be active.)
There are two scenarios in which you can transfer your number: Activating a new account or making a mobile number change on an existing account.
Activate a new account
To transfer your number when activating a new account with Univision Mobile, follow these steps:
Note: Activating a new account requires a Univision Mobile Phone or an unlocked GSM-capable phone that accepts a SIM card.
- Purchase a Univision Mobile SIM kit online or from a participating retailer.
- Activate at a participating retailer, by visiting univisionmobile. or by contacting Customer Service .
Change your mobile number
To transfer your number from another provider to your existing Univision Mobile account, contact Customer Service .
Transfer timelines vary and depend on the type of service you had with your original service provider. If you had postpaid service with your original service provider, the transfer can take between two and 24 hours. If you had prepaid service, the transfer can take between 24 and 72 hours. If you are unable to make and/or receive calls on your new Univision Mobile account after the time above has expired, contact Customer Service .
When you transfer your service to Univision Mobile, you will experience a period of dual service, which typically lasts no longer than 24 hours. You will need your service with your original service provider during this time, so do not cancel it.
Both your old and new phones will be partially active, allowing you to make outgoing phone calls on both but only receive incoming calls on one; therefore, carry both handsets until you receive a text message stating the number transfer is complete. If you dial 911 during this time, tell the operator your exact location in case of a dropped call. You will not have access to voicemail on either phone and must reset it once the number transfer is complete.
When the transfer of your phone number is complete and your Univision Mobile account is active, you will receive a text message welcoming you to Univision Mobile.
Where do I Find My Virgin Mobile USA Account Number? Update: Readers of this blog have found different ways to locate the account number in the account page at Virgin Mobile's web site. Please...
Have your people call our people Member Care Hours : 9:00 am to 9:00 pm – Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm – Sunday If you're not happy we're not happy. That's why we're the only mobile...
Whats Up For Mobile Download Whats Up For Mobile Whats Up For Mobile . Below is the list of link download related to Whats Up For Mobile . to download Whats Up For Mobile click on the link...
What is mobile friendly? Seo > Mobile > What is mobile friendly? Updated: June 7th 2015 Mobile friendly web pages What exactly makes a page, as Google calls it, "mobile friendly"? 1 The truth...
List of Best free Mp3 Music Download Sites – List of Top 7 Sites Here is the most awesome list of best free Mp3 music download sites. Every music lover should check this list. We all love to...