What do i do if my iphone 5 screen cracks
How to replace cracked iPhone 3GS screen
So you’ve just been to a party and woken up with a throbbing hangover to find your iPhone screen is cracked. Familiar story? It’s happened to me, too many times! Fret not though, it’s really easy to replace a cracked iPhone screen and can be done for just a fiver!
This tutorial is done using a 3GS, however the steps for all iPhone models are pretty much the same.
Buy a replacement iPhone 3GS screen glass and tools
eBay is your best bet, I got my kit for just £5.50 which includes the screen glass, adhesive pads and all the tools you need to carry out this tutorial. Just make sure you check the sellers feedback for people who have also bought the kit, there are some bad replica screen glass’ available.
How to fix your iPhone 3GS cracked screen
- Remove the two screws from the bottom of your iPhone. These are located next to the dock connector, remove these with a mini Philips screwdriver and make sure you put them in a safe place. Labelling which screws are for what is a good idea.
If your kit doesn’t contain a plunger, put a mini screwdriver or other tool between the screen and rubber and try to lift it out. This method is not recommended, as it’s very easy to damage the rubber seal.
- Attach LCD frame back to glass frame, secure with 6 screws.
- Lift the clamp and slide number 3 cable back in, reapply clamp. This can be tricky, straighten out the cable by pushing down on it with a wedging tool while holding number 1 and 2 cables with your thumb and then slide it into position.
- Reconnect number 2 and number 1 cables. This is simple, you just need to push down on them so they slot into their connectors.
- Put the screen back onto the phone. Insert the screen from the top (where the screen is connected) and close it at the bottom. It should fit comfortably; now push down to make sure its in position.
- Secure the two remaining screws in the bottom.
Do you have a broken glass screen on your iPhone 5? It doesn't matter whether its cracked, smashed, broken, shattered, or busted - We can fix it, and not only that it will look brand new when...
What To Do When You Break Your Phone Tuesday, March 19, 2013 by Caitlin Corsetti Over the weekend, I broke my phone. And by broke my phone I mean I shattered it into almost non-existence to the...
iPhone 4s dropped-now the screen is black My daughter dropped her iPhone 4s (ios version 6) and now the screen is black (this was only four weeks after I replaced a cracked screen myself on...
Best answer: Basically you're asking how to become a legend. Well in order to do that, you will need to truly be unique and crazy talented. If you are a musician, you will have to be a musical...
Replacing a cracked iPhone screen yourself is cheap but challenging So you cracked your iPhone screen. A quick Web search can turn up a host of do-it-yourself kits to replace it, most priced a...